Sunday, May 23, 2010

East Coast Radio Big Walk

Today, we participated in the 20 km section of the East Coast Radio Big Walk ......
All fresh and perky at 06h15 in the morning before the start ...... little did we know!!!!!

Chantal and I broke away from the men early in the race, but not by far, Chantal decided that she would save herself and rather fall back and walk with her Pa, Andy joined me, and believe me, he was my rock when times were tough, close to the end. I got him motivated through all the flats and the beginnings of the uphills and then it was his turn ...... he was brilliant - THANKS MY BOY - WHAT A "STAATMAKER"!!!!!!!
Never thought I would want to see that sign so desperately ...................

Andy and I coming in .... the Radio presenter even calling our names and people cheering us on ... Nelson was right there with him (the presenter) - hence this prime photo


Nelson dashing to get this one ...... damn but my legs were just carrying me at that point, Andy taking a stroll down the final stretch .......


Waiting for the rest of the family - I knew Andrew was not far behind us .... had seen him at one section of the walk as you double back - no sign of Chantal at that point ......



Chantal comes in ahead of her Pa .... what a surprise, she had overtaken her Pa about 2 km before the end - those short little legs moving like that ..... Well done Chantal !!!!!!


Andrew arriving just a short while after Chantal ...... I love you MY BABES !!!!!






After the finish at 10h00 ........ everyone of us feeling pain from the hips down .......
At this point I am blamed - simply amazing that, but my shoulders are broad .....
But all said and done ...... to you all
Thank you - without you guys, I would most probably not have done the walk, if I had, I would never have done it in such a wonderful time - I wanted to do it in 3 hours, Thanks to Andy (my little hero) we did it in 2 hours and 38 minutes ..... Chantal (my little angel) did it in about 2 hours 50 minutes and Andrew (my big hero) in about 2 hours 53 minutes - all under the 3 hours.
Not too shabby for a first time, I think seeing as the winner came in at 08h55.

Hopefully this is the first of penty that we do, Andy - you should walk my son...... that skinny little bod of yours with those great big strides - boy you would win it if you trained
look what you did with very little training ...
Last but not least, I have to say a huge THANK YOU, to the unsung hero of the day, Nelson - you were up very early this morning, we left you at UShaka - you kept yourself busy till we arrived at George Campbell Technical High (Andy's high school), took photo's, looked after us, drove us home, pampered Chantal all day ....... Thank you ...............






2 comments:

Charlene and Co said...

You guys are great for all doing it together!
Well done, I love the family pic
;-)
Good luck with the stywe lywe.....

Sharon & George said...

Love your post. My nephew and niece look so good and Andrew looks amazing. How do you motivate him. Maby I'll attempt something similar soon.

25th Anniversary Celebrations!