Sunday, May 3, 2009

The formal family Photo




We all got dressed seriously smartly for Charma and Grants wedding, so we decided to take a picture of us as a family before we left for the wedding. I would have liked something less formal, something outside with some plants and landscape, but the baas van die plaas, set this up and who am I to argue, especially as it is us ladies that normally are running late, so time was of the essence. So guys, here we are at our very bestest.

Friday was a public holiday, so I went shopping for the formal outfit, dragged Andrew with me to help me choose, and this is what we found. Other than my wedding dress I have never worn something really smart like this. The dress really held it all in for me (and I mean the excess flesh). Got back from that shopping spree, then we had to go to the rehearsal dinner, as Chantal was playing the Clavinova (electronic piano) for the wedding and then her keyboard for the Cocktail hours. Her friend Jocelyn and Reinhardt, both from KZN Youth Orchestra, played the violin's with her. We had to take the piano and keyboard and set up early on Friday, so we had a lovely braai at the venue, which is absolutely stunning. We got home pretty late from that because Hillcrest is about 45 min from Toti and we were driving in two cars.

On Saturday Chantal declares that her dress that she has is way to big for her now, so what do we do, we go shopping again. Had to dash, and so that made us a tad bit behind time because we wanted to be there early so that the musicians don't get stressed and mess up. But they did well, really well, it was a first for Chantal, and we were proud of her. The wedding was really stunning, obviously had fun, Andrew and I danced alot with Chantal, Andy graced us with his dancing skills for about two songs, but we had lots of fun. Sat at a table with some lovely people.

This morning was waking up, shopping again - but for food this time, catching up with the washing, cooking Sunday lunch, then Wilma and Charma popped in quickly, Norman, Lyly and Grant had to fly back tonight from Jhb, Wilma and Charma leave on Wednesday.

I feel sorry for Charma and Grant that he has to get back to the USA so quickly, but they will be together again soon. They are going to be living with Norman and Wilma.

3 comments:

Sharon & George said...

Valmai Im pleased to see that you have kept that weight down. Good job, you look lovely. Chantal is so beautiful and talented. Im surprised that Andy (Jnr) isnt attached. Seems like he is going to be like my Garreth and wait until he meets the perfect girl. How long were the Willemses in S.A. love and miss you. I showed mother the photos of uncle tom and his new wife. If you ever see Eileen, (perhaps you can give her a call for me tell her to blog me.

Charlene and Co said...

You guys looked absolutely stunning. Die rooi lyk regtig baie mooi!
10 out of 10 for getting the men to dress up too!!

The du Toit Family said...

Sharon

Wilma was here for about 5 to 6 weeks and Norman was here for about 2 weeks. Norman says you must go visit them. Will speak to Lorraine I have Bonnie e-mail so I can e-mail her and tell her to. Love and miss you Sharon

25th Anniversary Celebrations!