Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Dancer

I came across this, and thought it very news worthy. It was an artical in the Local Nigel Newspaper. See if you can find the familiar face.

I know that this is an achievement to be proud of, and would like to share it with your family. I know this is what memories are made of. As we age, we tend to look and remember the wrong things, and I need to say that achievements like this are easily overlooked and forgotten, but yet they are part of the person. I look at all the photo's of you as a child, and all I see is a happy, smiling child.


5 comments:

Dan and Melissa said...

Wow...thanks for sharing that Aunty Valmai.
I knew my mom was good at ballet but I didn't know how good. That is an achievement to be proud of!
Well done mom! I love you!

Eric, Sammy, & Kami said...

How great that you kept this article. My mom looks just like Cindy there and quite the dancer too. Thanks aunty Valmai. It's really fun seeing past pictures of you guys.

Sharon & George said...

Wow, that certainly brought back memories. I remember winning a trophy that year. Many of the dancers were school friends in the same grade as me eg. Annamarie Fourie, and Leslie Johnson to name a couple!

Charlene and Co said...

AAHH, what a nice article to keep!!

Cindy and Rob said...

Okay seriously, my mom looks just like me. Thanks for posting that. I love looking at pictures of her.

25th Anniversary Celebrations!