Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Nanna News 06 Jan

Just to let you all know, that Nanna is doing good, I am really impressed with her, she stuck to the new diet yesterday and her blood sugar is down a bit more, and is now in what would be considered a more normal zone, for the first time. It will be nice if her fasting could be 5 then I will feel much better but it is just amazing what the right diet can do. I showed her last night what she can and can't have and she kinda understands, I went and did some shopping for her last night and she knows what she needs. I also showed her what she can have if everyone else is having pudding, so she would not feel hard done by, the end of it all, she feels much better because this was like a huge mountain in front of her. Her cholesterol is going to take time to drop, and I think that is going to be really hard, no 'slap' chips for her. On Friday when she was having the stroke, she was eating Andrew's chips off his plate, no concern for him at all.

Anyway this will most probably be the last Nanna post at the moment because all is going well.

5 comments:

Charlene and Co said...

Luckily there is never any pudding at my house so she should be fine for the two weeks....

Dan and Melissa said...

I am so glad everything is going well. My mom and I were saying we have to learn to eat better as well. Our diet really affects our health. Thanks for taking such good care of nanna!

Anonymous said...

We love you Auntie Valmei for taking such good care of our favorite Nanna. It breaks our heart that she is sick but we know she is in good hands :) We are happy to hear that she is doing better! Tell Nanna that we love and miss her!

Cindy and Rob said...

I am glad that nana is doing better. I was really sad to hear the news but I am happy that she is better. Please tell her that Rob and I love her so much and that she has been in our prayers. She needs to stick to her diet and I know that she will get better. Thanks for taking care of her auntie.
I love and miss you all.

Sharon & George said...

Thanks Valmai for the updates. We certainly are what we eat! I have a blood pressure monitor that I bought for her when she came to visit. Blog and let me know if I can send it to you? It's a pity she didn't take it back with her, and I didn't think to check if she had it.

25th Anniversary Celebrations!